We appreciate your cooperation as we balance safety concerns with our desire to provide a meaningful, in-person worship experience. Please review the following guidelines, based on the CDC, Davidson County Mayor’s Office, and the Governor’s Office, so that we will all be acclimated to our modified worship experience before we arrive.
If you have any questions or concerns not addressed in the list below or if you need special accommodations or assistance, please call the church office. 615.373.0601
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR INDOOR WORSHIP GATHERING
- Doors open 30 minutes before each service. You are encouraged to arrive early so that everyone can be seated before services begin.
- The only entrance available are front doors that face Old Hickory Blvd. (Ramp available if needed, but please check-in first.)
- As you approach the front doors, you will check-in at the registration table. We are keeping track of every person in attendance in case someone later tests positive for COVID-19. These records will be kept on file for three weeks following the service. If someone attending your service later tests positive, you will be contacted.
- If there is a line to check-in, please stand six feet apart. With attendance limited, we expect any wait to be minimal.
- Masks should be worn as you enter and exit the building (when social distancing is difficult to maintain), and while singing (when droplets can be expelled up to 12ft.) If you do not have a mask or forget your mask, there will be some available for you to wear. Those participating publicly will remove their masks when leading worship. Masks are optional for the outdoor services.
- We are NOT taking temperatures at the door. But of course if you or anyone in your household is running a fever or feels unwell, we ask that you stay home.
Communion / Giving
- Once inside the lobby, you will be offered prepackaged communion by a gloved attendant.
- A “Give Box” is available for you to drop off a contribution if you wish. A “Give Box” is also available as you exit at the end of service.
- The two restrooms located off the front lobby are available for emergency use only.
- No other restrooms in the building are accessible.
- Water fountains are not available.
- You will be greeted just inside the center doors leading into the Auditorium and directed to available seats.
- Ushers will use every other row for seating and will direct attendees to the next available pew.
- Once you are seated, please remain at your pew until the end of the service.
- Extended families may sit together as long as you arrive and enter at the same time.
- The service lasts approximately 45 minutes and begins promptly at the time indicated.
- Wear your mask while singing.
- Communion will take place at the end of the worship service.
- We will dismiss by row and use all three doors in the back of the Auditorium.
- Dispose of your used communion packets and other trash in provided receptacle.
- Please don’t stop to fellowship until you reach the parking lot/blacktop area.
How long will worship be like this?
Honestly, we don’t know. Generally, we are taking things one month at a time.
When can we expect childcare or children’s classes to resume?
Children’s activities are being offered at the 5pm service.
Can I continue to watch online?
Yes. The services will be streamed live on Sunday morning. You can watch the service live or later.
Can I still pick up a bulletin?
We will not distribute Bulletins as you enter. Please stay informed by reading the Bulletin online and the church email updates sent out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Who should not attend our indoor services yet and continue to join us online or worship outdoors?
● members with children under age two (those deemed too young to wear facial coverings).
● those over age 65 who are encouraged to continue to shelter at home. However, we are obviously leaving this decision to each individual.
● members with underlying health conditions and those who have regular contact with them.
● anyone suffering with any of the symptoms of COVID-19: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.