This week’s children’s moment will be based on Thankfulness, showing how we show our love to God by thanking Him. In advance of this week’s lesson, we have included a few extra resources.
• Coloring Sheet: It is wonderful to remember to thank God for all our blessings, both big and small. As you color this, spend time thanking God out loud.
• Grateful Fill-in-the-Sunbeam: List what you are grateful for in this sunbeam chart. God is so very good to us!
• God Made Me: A Fill in the Blank activity and coloring sheet that the child fills in to tell about themselves and emphasizes the importance of being created by God!
• God’s Promise Rainbow Craft: Make or draw your best rainbow and write Genesis 9:13 underneath it. How wonderful it is that God keeps His promises to us! We need to remember to show God gratitude and thank Him every day.
• I Spy: Play the fun game of “I Spy” using the colors of the rainbow. I Spy something red, etc. See how creative you can be.
• Color Prayers: Take a moment and thank God for His blessings by color. I wonder what all can you think of that is green that you are thankful for? What about blue? Go through all the colors of the rainbow.